Sunday, December 9, 2012

About Me: This Is A Lie (Sami)

For as long as I can remember I have had feelings of sexual attraction to both men and women. I was raised a Mormon and was instructed in the evilness of these feelings (though nobody actually knew about them, I kept it a secret). I have not been a member of the Mormon church for a while now, but the social shame is still there; I cannot express who I am without fear. The fear I feel is not one associated with implied repercussions of immoral actions, but of potential rejection and humiliation by loved ones. I don't want to be hated.
The term "Pansexual" was handed to me by a long-time friend in response to my explanation of how I felt about my sexuality. I have never been educated about gender roles outside of the archaic "women in the kitchen with the babies, men in front of the football game with the beer" mindsets. I knew that homosexuality existed, I even knew that bisexuality existed, but I knew very little about them. In knowing and loving people who identify as something other than the previously mentioned archaic norms I have learned a great deal about myself and my world.
A common misconception about the unknown is that asking questions is unwelcome or even offensive. I love asking questions and delving deeply into someone else's concepts of the world. I find that, when there is true interest with no malicious intent, most people are more than willing to open up about themselves and the things they know. What I have learned and what I know has come from asking questions and being unafraid of offending someone with my curiosity. In a world where different is no longer bad, but is becoming more widely accepted, it is not only appropriate, but necessary to be asking questions - a lot of them.

In this blog I intend to address things that are interesting about sexuality, things that are interesting about sex, and what I find to be sensual and attractive. This is not my true identity, so I have no reason to fear honesty here. I am what  I am and that is what I've always been: a Pansexual, even if it's still a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember: This is a NO HATE ZONE. Thanks - Admin.